Monday, March 19, 2012

Update on Judah 3/18/12

I feel like today was such a long day.  Judah did well on all his testings: Practicing breathing, moving, heart rate and so on.  The goal is to stay pregnant as long as possible and today they set up all our plans for our induction date.  As of right now I will be inducted on Sunday April 15th.  This is a great thing because 1. It gives me more time to prepare and 2. It gives him more time so that his lungs are fully developed.  Obviously this is a tentative date and could change based on lots of different variables but the main things that would change this date is if I go into labor or if he would be showing signs of distress which is partly why I have an ultra sound every week - They monitor him rather closely.

After our appointment today we took a tour of the Labor & Delivery Unit and the NICU.  I think it was harder than I expected.  Judy (the head nurse) was going over what everything would look like and it just became so real.  She said that as soon as he comes into the world he will be brought over to this tiny little bed in the room and that there would be so many people around him that I probably wouldn't be able to see him.  As soon as he is breathing and heart rate is established they would take him straight to the NICU - Without me seeing him or even touching him :*(  He will be in the NICU at University Hospital for about and hour or two - thats where they will get him hooked up to all the necessary tubes, iv's and meds and then a transport team from Children's will come over and get him but before they take him to Children's the will bring him by my recovery room so that I can see him and say bye and hopefully at least touch him.  From that point he will be taken to Children's CICU where they will do testing on him.  Josh will be with him so I'll stay connected via phone.  If all goes to plan and I can do a vaginal delivery then I should be able to go over to Children's within 5-7 hours after delivery.

As of right now we're trying to figure out accommodations after I am released from the hospital (1-2 days).  Judy mentioned the Ronald McDonald House (kinda like Dorm rooms with common areas) which is located directly across the street or we could go with Extended Stay America which isn't as close but it give privacy (more like a hotel/Apartment style).  Financially the Ronald McDonald house makes more sense but we're looking into both options because I personally feel like I will want/need more privacy.  These are the times I wish I was a wealthy lol.  Oh well!  God will work it out and put us in the right place.

It was challenging to listen to "the plan" and I thought I could hold it together but unfortunately I wasn't that strong.  I think seeing the delivery room and seeing the tiny little bed just made me realize how hard it's going to be.  I need prayer specifically over the time of delivery.  I want it to be as peaceful as possible seeing as how birth it's such a traumatic experience for babies anyway plus all the extra stuff my poor little guy has to endure.  I want it to be calm, quiet and peaceful.  I don't want to lose it and be a wreck and truthfully only God can help me with this.

That was our day for the most part.  I do feel like we got a lot of questions answered and I am for sure feeling more prepared as far as knowing what to expect (somewhat).  The hard thing is that everything could change so I'm trying not to be to invested in any "plan" other than the plan of having a baby lol.  God is in control. Simple as that. Doesn't make things "easy" but it sure does make things better.
Thanks for reading and most importantly thanks for praying and believing with us! Still praying and believing that he will be healed.  Notice I didn't mention any surgery or operations of any kind because I'm believing that once they get him to CICU and they do the echo that they will see a healed heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment