Monday, February 6, 2012

Update on Judah 2/6/12

It's crazy to think that it's already February!  We got a call on Friday from Children's Fetal Care Center/University Hospital saying that since I was going into my 30th week I needed to start seeing them every week until delivery.  An hour commute might not seem like that big of a deal but it's an hour there (if we don't hit any traffic) and usually about 2-3 hours that we are actually there for the visit and then an hour back so it gets somewhat tiring.  The reason they want to start seeing me every week is because they need to keep a close eye on his lungs and making sure he is practicing breathing as well as fetal development and growth assessments.
Judah is again still growing like a weed.  He is now in the 98th percentile!  It's been no secret that it's hard for me to maintain a good weight even when I try my hardest.  The Doctor thinks that I could potentially have gestational diabetes even though I passed the glucose testing.  He said that 1 out of 3 women are missed and not diagnosed when in fact they actually have it.  So either I do have it or I'm taking in WAY TO MANY carbs!! They know this because of several reasons: 1. I've gained a lot of weight so far 2. Judah is really big and babies with diabetic moms are larger 3. Because there is excess fluid in the sac. They are concerned with the excess fluid and will keep a close eye on it in the weeks to come.
Today they wanted to discuss delivery plans which was great because I've been curious to know what they are thinking.  They confirmed what I thought which was - I will be scheduled for induction the week of April 9th.  I was relieved because I really wanted to make it past Easter but as I told them that was my goal "to make it past Easter" they said they can't promise that and that they could induce as early as April 2nd.  I was really surprised at this!!  It all will come down to the excess fluid and his size so we are looking at him arriving the week before Easter or the week after.
My goal is to move to a low carb diet with 1700-1800 calories a day - which is what the Doctor suggested.  I had no idea that carb intake actually effected the fluid in the sac so I'm going to try to reduce my carbs in hopes that it helps reduce the excess fluid so that I can make it to April 9th!
We have anther assessment coming next week but luckily the Doctors said that we could alternate between coming there and seeing Dr. Bombrys (In CENTERVILLE) - This was exciting! Which means that we will only have to commute to Cincy 2 times a month!!
Our next appt in Cincy is Feb 20th - Judah will have another fetal echo and we will also go for our regular growth assessment.  At that time we will also take a tour of Labor & Deliver, the Nicu at University Hospital and the Nicu at Children's - For those who might be confused - University Hospital is connected to Children's so I will deliver at UH and Judah will be transferred to Children's.

Thank you for you continued prayers and support!  We are STILL believing for God to come through and heal our boy! We keep knocking, seeking and asking!!  We know that we can trust God because HE ALONE IS GOOD.  We trust in Him no matter what and fully rely on His strength to walk out each day! He is faithful!

Love,
Jillian

1 comment: